From: KenP on
I had identity in OL 2003 that started messing up so I created new identity.
Is there a way to get OL email folder/msgs/etc from old identity to new
identity? When I open OL in new identity, it comes up w/create new email.
Once I create email is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

KenP
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"KenP" <KenP(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I had identity in OL 2003 that started messing up so I created new identity.
> Is there a way to get OL email folder/msgs/etc from old identity to new
> identity? When I open OL in new identity, it comes up w/create new email.
> Once I create email is there a way to do this?

Outlook doesn't use identities. That's an Outlook Express construct. If you
created a new mail profile (using the Mail applet in Control Panel), then add
your PST back into the new profile by clicking the Data Files button in the
Mail applet.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: KenP on
I think I probably confused the issue. I created a new user profille in
control panel/users. Did not create a new email user. Does the below still
apply?

Thanks Brian.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I think I probably confused the issue. I created a new user profille in
> control panel/users. Did not create a new email user. Does the below still
> apply?

A new Windows user should use a new mail profile for its own mail and not have
access to any of the mail another Windows user has. If you want to Windows
users to have access to the same mail, then you must put the data into a
folder that both users can access, like "Shared Documents" and configure the
two mail profiles to access the same PST data file.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: KenP on
I wanted to somehow import/export outlook 2003 mail from old user which was
not working properly on network to new user created to replace old user. Hope
this makes sense.