From: Gary H on
Is there a way to expose the TO email address field rather than the display
name so it may be used in the Outlook list view?

I came across this article that shows how to do it fot the FROM address and
would like to know if there is a way to use this technique for the TO field?

[URL="http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm"]http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm[/URL]

The purpose is that we have many users with multiple email addresses and we
would like to know which address the email was sent to. Outlook is being too
(or not too) smart here. There really should be two colume choices for TO
display name and TO email address.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
AFAIK, its not possible for the To field - the address is in the header so
you could use rules to assign categories.

There is a script at http://www.vamsoft.com/tools.asp that stamps the
address in the header on incoming mail (for BCC and bulk mail).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Gary H" <GaryH(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to expose the TO email address field rather than the
> display
> name so it may be used in the Outlook list view?
>
> I came across this article that shows how to do it fot the FROM address
> and
> would like to know if there is a way to use this technique for the TO
> field?
>
> [URL="http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm"]http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm[/URL]
>
> The purpose is that we have many users with multiple email addresses and
> we
> would like to know which address the email was sent to. Outlook is being
> too
> (or not too) smart here. There really should be two colume choices for TO
> display name and TO email address.

Pages: 1
Prev: How to Sync Outlook 2007
Next: Shift Enter