From: Peter on
Hi. I think I have a syntax problem I'd appreciate some help with. I have
several reports and I'd like to use the data from them to populate a Summary
report. I'm using Expression Builder which I think is excellent (for me) as
it gives very clear paths to Collections and objects.

The data I'm trying to add to the Summary report has been built by summing
rows in another report and hence the data is not a table entry. I make a BIG
assumption here that as Expression Builder lets you see all your other
report, then embedding data from each of those other reports to my Summary
Report is allowed – happy to be corrected on that if it isn't!

This is my syntax which I'm getting the familiar #name? error message on:
=Reports![Weekly CASH In Unrestricted]![WkCashInUnrTOTAL]

I think this explains itself, but the final part [WkCashInUnrTOTAL] is the
unbound field (control source) from another / different report that I'm
trying to embed in my Summary Report.

--
Peter
From: Marshall Barton on
Peter wrote:
>Hi. I think I have a syntax problem I�d appreciate some help with. I have
>several reports and I�d like to use the data from them to populate a Summary
>report. I�m using Expression Builder which I think is excellent (for me) as
>it gives very clear paths to Collections and objects.
>
>The data I�m trying to add to the Summary report has been built by summing
>rows in another report and hence the data is not a table entry. I make a BIG
>assumption here that as Expression Builder lets you see all your other
>report, then embedding data from each of those other reports to my Summary
>Report is allowed � happy to be corrected on that if it isn�t!
>
>This is my syntax which I�m getting the familiar #name? error message on:
>=Reports![Weekly CASH In Unrestricted]![WkCashInUnrTOTAL]
>
>I think this explains itself, but the final part [WkCashInUnrTOTAL] is the
>unbound field (control source) from another / different report that I�m
>trying to embed in my Summary Report.

That "BIG assumption" would only work if the other reports
are open and even then only if the text boxes you refer to
are unique in the other report (i.e. they only appear once,
not in a detail of a multiple record report).

To create a summary report, you should first create a query
that extracts and/or calculates the summary data, then use
the query as the record source of the summary report.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]