From: Grd on
Hi there,

I have a month column with just a number like 1 , 7 etc. I'd like to see Jan
instead of 1 and Jul instead of 7. Is there a formula for function for this.
There is only one number in a column at one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tx

Grd
From: Mike H on
Hi,

With numbers (1 - 12) in column A us this and drag down

=DATE(2010,A1,1)

Format these cells with a custom format of mmm

--
Mike

question.

From: Mark on
You could use the month column in the DATE function and then use the
TEXT function to extract just the 3 letter month as in:

=TEXT(DATE(0,A1,1),"mmm")

From: JP on
If there is just a number in a single cell, just format it to look
like a month name.

In Excel 2003, select the cell, press Ctrl+1, go to Number tab, click
"Custom" and in the Type box, enter "mmm" (without quotes).

--JP

From: Teethless mama on
=TEXT(A1&"-10","mmm")