From: brian d foy on
In article <aKrvn.219961$Dv7.4545(a)newsfe17.iad>, Steve M
<stevem_clipthis_(a)clubtrout.com> wrote:

> Often times I'm working on a web site for someone where I do not have
> command line access, only web browser access, and I wish to check for
> specific modules that are a little off the beaten path, such as
> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel.
>
> In such a case, the above examples are perhaps not as 'to the point' as
> a reader might wish.

I think you missed the ExtUtils::Installed example.

Also, remember it's not the FAQs job to handle every situation someone
might dream up. It's your job to take the information in the FAQ and
adapt it to your situation. There's plenty of information there for you
to do that. :)