From: FAQ server on
FAQ Topic - How do I change the confirm box to say yes/no
or default to cancel?

The buttons on a confirm box cannot be changed, nor can a default
button be specified.

Change the question to a statement so that "OK" is suitable as the
default response.

Example:
"Would you like us to charge your credit card?" (wrong)
"We will now charge your credit card." (right).

The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at
http://jibbering.com/faq/

--

The sendings of these daily posts are proficiently hosted
by http://www.pair.com.

From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <4c2534fa$0$272$14726298(a)news.sunsite.dk
>, Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:00:03, FAQ server <javascript(a)dotinternet.be>
posted:

>FAQ Topic - How do I change the confirm box to say yes/no
>or default to cancel?
>
>The buttons on a confirm box cannot be changed, nor can a default
>button be specified.
>
>Change the question to a statement so that "OK" is suitable as the
>default response.
>
>Example:
>"Would you like us to charge your credit card?" (wrong)
>"We will now charge your credit card." (right).

The first of those is just a politer form of the second.

Randy Webb had : "e.g. change "We will now buy ourselves a Porsche with
your credit card, Do you want to continue with this transaction OK
Cancel" to "We will now buy ourselves a Porsche with your credit card,
Would you like to abandon this transaction? OK Cancel"" which is a much
better example, though there is no need to provide free advertising to a
motor manufacture.

Does your version show careless editing or a lack of comprehension?

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Grandson-Of-RFC1036 is released. RFC 5536 Netnews Article Format is a