From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <hpvs53$i9i$1(a)news.eternal-
september.org>, Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:26:04, Garrett Smith
<dhtmlkitchen(a)gmail.com> posted:

>I do not approve of nonstandard examples in the FAQ. Particularly when
>they are presented as solutions to problems and especially when the
>consequences to using the nonstandard approach are not explained.

Examples used in the FAQ should normally work, or be believed to work,
in the 12 PC browsers that the EU makes Microsoft admit to[1], and in
other equally-common older browsers, and in a similar selection of non-
Windows browsers. They do not need to be W3C-compliant; but, where they
are not, that should be stated. They do not need to work in browsers
(they could be for JSCript in WSH, or other ECMAScript "derivatives");
but, where they are not, that should be stated.

[1] <http://www.browserchoice.eu/BrowserChoice/browserchoice_en.htm>

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)