From: David Mark on
On Aug 2, 11:32 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 11:28 am, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ry Nohryb wrote:
>
> > > And some native objects are provided by the host environment.
>
> > What do you mean? Host environment provides only host objects. Host
> > objects can be implemented as native ECMAScript objects, but your
> > objections are for entry about host objects. If the maintainer of FAQ
> > include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
> > exactly is host object and what is native object.
>
> A host object is an object supplied by the host environment. A native
> object is an object that fully implements the object semantics defined
> by the Ecma-262 specification. A host object can be at the same time a
> native object: there are native host objects and non-native host
> objects.

You are simply creating a muddle. Most JS developers haven't yet
grasped the difference between host and native objects and you suggest
this as a useful addition to the FAQ (which is clearly aimed at
beginners).
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 2, 5:38 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 11:32 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > A host object is an object supplied by the host environment. A native
> > object is an object that fully implements the object semantics defined
> > by the Ecma-262 specification. A host object can be at the same time a
> > native object: there are native host objects and non-native host
> > objects.
>
> You are simply creating a muddle.  Most JS developers haven't yet
> grasped the difference between host and native objects and you suggest
> this as a useful addition to the FAQ (which is clearly aimed at
> beginners).

What does this have to do with your previous post:

"Near as I can tell, Jorge posts confusing nonsense in hopes of
getting
attention. (...) Just ignore him. Maybe he'll go away."

?
--
Jorge.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 2, 11:28 am, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> (...) If the maintainer of FAQ
> include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
> exactly is host object and what is native object.

It seems that even the ECMA's ES spec is confusing wrt this.
--
Jorge.
From: Asen Bozhilov on
Ry Nohryb wrote:
> Asen Bozhilov wrote:

> > What do you mean? Host environment provides only host objects. Host
> > objects can be implemented as native ECMAScript objects, but your
> > objections are for entry about host objects. If the maintainer of FAQ
> > include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
> > exactly is host object and what is native object.
>
> A host object is an object supplied by the host environment. A native
> object is an object that fully implements the object semantics defined
> by the Ecma-262 specification. A host object can be at the same time a
> native object: there are native host objects and non-native host
> objects.

This is exactly what I said. As I said if he includes these objections
the readers would be confused. Your suggestions are not for this
entry. This should be part of entry about "What is a host object?".
Just should be maximum clear for readers, because this topic is one of
the most confusing JS developers.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 2, 9:27 pm, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
>
> > A host object is an object supplied by the host environment. A native
> > object is an object that fully implements the object semantics defined
> > by the Ecma-262 specification. A host object can be at the same time a
> > native object: there are native host objects and non-native host
> > objects.
>
> This is exactly what I said.

This is exactly what I said firstly, and you just repeated.

> As I said if he includes these objections

Objections ? Which objections ? Addition, you mean ?

> the readers would be confused.

Why ? Does it confuse you ? If not, why would it confuse somebody
else ?

> Your suggestions are not for this
> entry. This should be part of entry about "What is a host object?".

Yes, too.

> Just should be maximum clear for readers, because this topic is one of
> the most confusing JS developers.

Then this FAQ entry should *not* suggest -wrongly, as it does- that
the set of native objects is made of [ the set (ES) built-ins + the
set of user defined ones ], because if host objects can be implemented
as native they ought to be included in that set too.
--
Jorge.