From: FAQ server on
FAQ Topic - What is a native object?

A native object is any object whose semantics are fully defined by
ECMA-262.

Some native objects are built-in; others, such as user-defined objects,
may be constructed during the execution of an ECMAScript program.

Example:

// Native built-in objects:
var m = Math, // Built-in Math object.
slice = Array.prototype.slice, // Built-in native method.
o = {}, // Native user-defined object.
f = function(){}, // Native user-defined function.
d = new Date(),
a = [],
e = new Error("My Message.");

See also:

The complete comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at
http://jibbering.com/faq/

--

The sendings of these daily posts are proficiently hosted
by http://www.pair.com.

From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 2, 1:00 am, "FAQ server" <javascr...(a)dotinternet.be> wrote:
> FAQ Topic - What is a native object?
>
> A native object is any object whose semantics are fully defined by
> ECMA-262.
>
> Some native objects are built-in; others, such as user-defined objects,
> may be constructed during the execution of an ECMAScript program.
> (...)

And some native objects are provided by the host environment.
--
Jorge.
From: Asen Bozhilov on
Ry Nohryb wrote:
> "FAQ server" wrote:

> > Some native objects are built-in; others, such as user-defined objects,
> > may be constructed during the execution of an ECMAScript program.
> > (...)
>
> And some native objects are provided by the host environment.

What do you mean? Host environment provides only host objects. Host
objects can be implemented as native ECMAScript objects, but your
objections are for entry about host objects. If the maintainer of FAQ
include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
exactly is host object and what is native object.

From: David Mark on
On Aug 2, 5:28 am, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
> > "FAQ server" wrote:
> > > Some native objects are built-in; others, such as user-defined objects,
> > > may be constructed during the execution of an ECMAScript program.
> > > (...)
>
> > And some native objects are provided by the host environment.
>
> What do you mean?

Near as I can tell, Jorge posts confusing nonsense in hopes of getting
attention.

> Host environment provides only host objects. Host
> objects can be implemented as native ECMAScript objects, but your
> objections are for entry about host objects. If the maintainer of FAQ
> include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
> exactly is host object and what is native object.

Just ignore him. Maybe he'll go away.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 2, 11:28 am, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
> > "FAQ server" wrote:
> > > Some native objects are built-in; others, such as user-defined objects,
> > > may be constructed during the execution of an ECMAScript program.
> > > (...)
>
> > And some native objects are provided by the host environment.
>
> What do you mean? Host environment provides only host objects. Host
> objects can be implemented as native ECMAScript objects, but your
> objections are for entry about host objects. If the maintainer of FAQ
> include your objections here, the readers would be confused what
> exactly is host object and what is native object.

A host object is an object supplied by the host environment. A native
object is an object that fully implements the object semantics defined
by the Ecma-262 specification. A host object can be at the same time a
native object: there are native host objects and non-native host
objects.

:-)
--
Jorge.