From: Michael Grimm on
Hi --

I'm running a gmirror raid1 plus gjournal for a year now. This is a
7.2-RELEASE-p6 right now. Both disks are regular ATA and healthy
according smartctl.

Whenever I beat my disks heavily, e.g. by ...

dd if=/dev/null of=/some/file bs=1M count=4k
plus
parallel disk accesses by mail and http server.

.... I'll experience sponteous reboots without any hints in logfiles.
If I omit all parallel disk access those dd's will run to completion
without reboots.

My question is: anyone else?

Regards,
Michael
--
to let
From: MZ on
Michael Grimm wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm running a gmirror raid1 plus gjournal for a year now. This is a
> 7.2-RELEASE-p6 right now. Both disks are regular ATA and healthy
> according smartctl.
>
> Whenever I beat my disks heavily, e.g. by ...
>
> dd if=/dev/null of=/some/file bs=1M count=4k
> plus
> parallel disk accesses by mail and http server.
>
> ... I'll experience sponteous reboots without any hints in logfiles.
> If I omit all parallel disk access those dd's will run to completion
> without reboots.
>
> My question is: anyone else?
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Are you certain this isn't a hardware issue? Questionable power supply
comes to mind.
From: Michael Grimm on
MZ <mark(a)nospam.void> wrote:
> Michael Grimm wrote:

>> ... I'll experience sponteous reboots without any hints in logfiles.
>>
>> My question is: anyone else?
>
> Are you certain this isn't a hardware issue?

No, I'm not. Frankely speaking, I do suspect something like ...

> Questionable power supply comes to mind.

.... as well. Before contacting support of my service provider I wanted
to obtain feedback whether those reboots are a known issue or not.

Regards,
Michael
--
to let