From: Richard Maine on
Ian Harvey <ian_harvey(a)bigpond.com> wrote:

> On 24/04/2010 11:05 AM, Richard Maine wrote:
> > The statement function dummy argument picks up some, but not all of the
> > attributes declared in the host scope. For example, you might think that
> >
> > integer :: x(10)
> >
> > declared x to be a real array of size 10. If so, you'd be wrong where
> > statement functions are involved. It declares x to be real, but the
> > dimension part is ignored....
>
> I don't use statement functions either, but I would have picked x to be
> integer...

Oops. :-)

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: Uno on
Red Rooster wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:45:14 -0600, Uno <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote:

[x-posted to a.o.l.ubuntu]

[the link in question is
ftp://ftp.nag.co.uk/sc22wg5/N1801-N1850/N1826.pdf ]

>> I can't make the link work. Is this available to everyone who wants it?
> Apparently, I just got it with no problems.
>
> Just to cover all the bases, you did notice that this is an ftp://
> link and not an http:// link, so you either need to add that into your
> FTP program or need to use a web browser that properly supports ftp://
> links, like Firefox with the FirFTP addon...

Thanks, RR, I used to be able to ftp effortlessly as a windows user.
Can someone tell me what FirFTP is supposed to do before I go ahead and
screw up my best browser on my best OS? I'd rather be outside than
rebuilding software.
--
Uno
From: Vance Howard on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:18:08 -0600, Uno wrote:

> Red Rooster wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:45:14 -0600, Uno <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote:
>>

> [x-posted to a.o.l.ubuntu]
>
> [the link in question is
> ftp://ftp.nag.co.uk/sc22wg5/N1801-N1850/N1826.pdf ]
>
>>> I can't make the link work. Is this available to everyone who wants
>>> it?
>> Apparently, I just got it with no problems.
>>
>> Just to cover all the bases, you did notice that this is an ftp:// link
>> and not an http:// link, so you either need to add that into your FTP
>> program or need to use a web browser that properly supports ftp://
>> links, like Firefox with the FirFTP addon...
>
> Thanks, RR, I used to be able to ftp effortlessly as a windows user. Can
> someone tell me what FirFTP is supposed to do before I go ahead and
> screw up my best browser on my best OS? I'd rather be outside than
> rebuilding software.

I just looked at it through firefox without firftp addon and it works.
Why do you need this addon?

--
To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

From: Mark Warner on
Vance Howard wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:18:08 -0600, Uno wrote:
>
>> Red Rooster wrote:
>>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:45:14 -0600, Uno <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote:
>>>

>> [x-posted to a.o.l.ubuntu]
>>
>> [the link in question is
>> ftp://ftp.nag.co.uk/sc22wg5/N1801-N1850/N1826.pdf ]

>>> Apparently, I just got it with no problems.
>>>
>>> Just to cover all the bases, you did notice that this is an ftp:// link
>>> and not an http:// link, so you either need to add that into your FTP
>>> program or need to use a web browser that properly supports ftp://
>>> links, like Firefox with the FirFTP addon...
>> Thanks, RR, I used to be able to ftp effortlessly as a windows user. Can
>> someone tell me what FirFTP is supposed to do before I go ahead and
>> screw up my best browser on my best OS? I'd rather be outside than
>> rebuilding software.
>
> I just looked at it through firefox without firftp addon and it works.
> Why do you need this addon?

Same here. It's a large file, and took about a minute to download and
display. Perhaps a little patience is in order?

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
From: Red Rooster on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:18:08 -0600, Uno <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote:

>Red Rooster wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:45:14 -0600, Uno <merrilljensen(a)q.com> wrote:
>>

>[x-posted to a.o.l.ubuntu]
>
>[the link in question is
>ftp://ftp.nag.co.uk/sc22wg5/N1801-N1850/N1826.pdf ]
>
>>> I can't make the link work. Is this available to everyone who wants it?
>> Apparently, I just got it with no problems.
>>
>> Just to cover all the bases, you did notice that this is an ftp://
>> link and not an http:// link, so you either need to add that into your
>> FTP program or need to use a web browser that properly supports ftp://
>> links, like Firefox with the FirFTP addon...
>
>Thanks, RR, I used to be able to ftp effortlessly as a windows user.
>Can someone tell me what FirFTP is supposed to do before I go ahead and
>screw up my best browser on my best OS? I'd rather be outside than
>rebuilding software.
What FireFTP is supposed to do? it's a FTP client, real FTP

And it is not likley to screw up your borwser, I use it since it came
out, disposed of my previously trusted WS_FTP program. Use it at
dozens of clients, Windows, Mac OS, Linux, anywhere where Firefox
itself runs..
As a true FTP client it works in any FTP scenario and is really
controllable...

RR
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4