From: |-|ercules on
aus.tv,aus.politics,aus.media-watch,aus.computers,aus.legal,aus.electronics,aus.cars,misc.legal
cc: support(a)t3lstra.com,support(a)bigp0nd.com

Graham Cooper to support, tio show details 8:49 PM (14 hours ago)

I refuse to pay a bill over $200 for an $85 per month account with no up front fee.

Graham Cooper

TIO Email to me show details 11:26 AM (20 minutes ago)
Dear Mr Cooper

TIO Reference Number: 10/152131

Thank you for the copy of your email to Telstra, sent to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) on 28 June 2010. I have
kept your email on file, but I have not taken any other action in relation to your complaint.

Please give Telstra a reasonable amount of time to resolve your complaint with you, for example between 10 to 20 working days.

You are welcome to contact the TIO again by email or by calling 1800 062 058, if the company:

* does not respond to your email at all, or

* does not, in your view, suggest resolving your complaint in a fair and reasonable way.

If you need to contact us again, we will want to know the answers to these questions:

1. Who contacted you from Telstra?

2. What did they tell you?

3. Why do you believe your complaint is still not resolved?

4. What resolution do you think would be fair and reasonable?

5. Authorisation: if you are acting on behalf of someone else, please organise for them to complete and send us this form:

http://www.tio.com.au/publications/Complainant%20factsheets/Authorisation3rdParty.pdf
For more information on how we handle complaints, see

http://www.tio.com.au/FAQ/ADR.HTM
Yours sincerely

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman

From: Dingo on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:53:11 +1000, "|-|ercules"
<radgray123(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>aus.tv,aus.politics,aus.media-watch,aus.computers,aus.legal,aus.electronics,aus.cars,misc.legal
>cc: support(a)t3lstra.com,support(a)bigp0nd.com
>

>Graham Cooper to support, tio show details 8:49 PM (14 hours ago)
>
>I refuse to pay a bill over $200 for an $85 per month account with no up front fee.
>
>Graham Cooper

Sounds like another dopey Herc stuff-up that he's happy to blame on
everyone else but himself.
From: Dingo on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:53:11 +1000, "|-|ercules"
<radgray123(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>aus.tv,aus.politics,aus.media-watch,aus.computers,aus.legal,aus.electronics,aus.cars,misc.legal
>cc: support(a)t3lstra.com,support(a)bigp0nd.com
>

>Graham Cooper to support, tio show details 8:49 PM (14 hours ago)
>
>I refuse to pay a bill over $200 for an $85 per month account with no up front fee.
>
>Graham Cooper

<sarcasm>You could always threaten to adulterate their food if you
don't get any action immediately- that SO worked last
time...</sarcasm>
From: Kent Wills on
At one time, not so long ago, Dingo <dingo(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:53:11 +1000, "|-|ercules"
><radgray123(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>aus.tv,aus.politics,aus.media-watch,aus.computers,aus.legal,aus.electronics,aus.cars,misc.legal
>>cc: support(a)t3lstra.com,support(a)bigp0nd.com
>>

>>Graham Cooper to support, tio show details 8:49 PM (14 hours ago)
>>
>>I refuse to pay a bill over $200 for an $85 per month account with no up front fee.
>>
>>Graham Cooper
>

>Sounds like another dopey Herc stuff-up that he's happy to blame on
>everyone else but himself.

I am curious as to what caused the bill to reach $200.00. I
don't expect to ever know.

--
It's hard to relate to this high-tech world when your kid says her
Lego Toys need more memory.
From: |-|ercules on
"Kent Wills" <compuelf(a)gmail.com> wrote
> At one time, not so long ago, Dingo <dingo(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:53:11 +1000, "|-|ercules"
>><radgray123(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>aus.tv,aus.politics,aus.media-watch,aus.computers,aus.legal,aus.electronics,aus.cars,misc.legal
>>>cc: support(a)t3lstra.com,support(a)bigp0nd.com
>>>

>>>Graham Cooper to support, tio show details 8:49 PM (14 hours ago)
>>>
>>>I refuse to pay a bill over $200 for an $85 per month account with no up front fee.
>>>
>>>Graham Cooper
>>

>>Sounds like another dopey Herc stuff-up that he's happy to blame on
>>everyone else but himself.
>
> I am curious as to what caused the bill to reach $200.00. I
> don't expect to ever know.

They postcharged the "no upfront fee" first month and precharged the second month,
and added all these $10 features, message bank, etc..

When I ignored it they sent an overdue account for $175, knocked off all the extra features
and just billed the 2 months fee plus a dozen calls.

Herc