From: Michael Plante on
vilaemail wrote:

>>Well, both. The three dots in the path probably doesn't help. I seem
>>recall that being a shortcut in '95 or something, but...
>>
>>Probably no easy fix. That's not even a supported language, nevermind
>the
>>compiler/OS. Search for (or write) a wrapper (bindings) of some sort.
>My
>>guess is people who care enough to use FFTW couldn't be bothered with
>>something like .NET, though there's all types of people...
>>

>The dots were placed by me. In message box I get good absolute path.

Ok, if it works for you.

>Well then do suggest me any other language (in witch I could make all FFT
>functions and create a .dll or .exe that will later be callable by
vb.net).

Search the web for how to call native (unmanaged) C code from your language
of choice. I have no idea how to write a .NET assembly (nor would I want
to), and I've never had to write a COM component, though I'd consider doing
so if need be. You have 2 requirements:

1) write your wrapper in a language/environment that can call FFTW (such as
MSVC, though don't try to compile FFTW itself in there)

2) expose one of the two interfaces that VB.NET wants. I'm not sure if COM
can even do it, but *if* it can, MFC or ATL might simplify some aspects.

Please do some searching before writing back. Again, this whole mess seems
to be a very roundabout way of doing things, and you may be better off in
this situation understanding AND translating Vlad's code instead of using
FFTW, assuming a power of two is ok with you.