From: Capri on
Hi all,

I am using filestreaming technology for saving images into database,

my issue is when im altering tbl structure like adding a column, then link
goes break and , new folder created,

when im rollbacking then file still exist on the same folder,

pls help what is going wrong with me

These all tak ,I have tested on sql mangement tool

From: Plamen Ratchev on
It is best to use ALTER TABLE statements to make changes to the table.
The graphic design tools have many issues.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: Geoff Schaller on
Plamen,

What issues? Except for the fact they can be a little overly restrictive
(which you can change), they use ALTER TABLE under the hood. What else
can it use? We've never had anything but success using the graphic
tools.

In fact, the graphic tools will give you far greater feedback on
mistakes and can generate the scripts to do the same process repeatedly.

Cheers,

Geoff Schaller
Software Objectives

From: Plamen Ratchev on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:48:39 GMT, "Geoff Schaller"
<geoffx(a)softxwareobjectives.com.au> wrote:

>What issues?

See Erland's post.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: Geoff Schaller on
We don't use filestreaming and I would never advise anyone to do so. I
think direct storage is always better.

So, I accept there may be an issue with filestreaming but for all other
routine uses, the GUI is great.

Geoff

> On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:48:39 GMT, "Geoff Schaller"
> <geoffx(a)softxwareobjectives.com.au> wrote:
>

> >What issues?
>

> See Erland's post.
>
> --
> Plamen Ratchev