From: Mladen Gogala on
LOBS in Oracle11g have additional logging option, meant for SECUREFILES
storage. The options is, as the title suggests,
"FILESYSTEM_LIKE_LOGGING". I tried figuring out what exactly is being
logged, by using strace and od -x on the archive logs and all I was able
to figure out is that the changes to the first block of the LOB column
are logged. Is that a LOB header? Filesystems log only metadata (sorry to
disappoint all those vxFS and XFS fans who thought that the entire file
was logged) but what is LOB metadata? Does anybody have more precise
information? The only thing that MoS has is an inane recipe how to
convert to and from SECUREFILES.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com