From: Rob Clement on
On 10/08/2010 14:52, Sandy Smith wrote:
> Good Afternoon
>
> My name is Sunita and I use OPEN OFFICE CALC in the shop I work. I would like to know if there is any way I can change the settings on it so the format goes to South African format outomatic. Can this be done?
>
> Thank you
> Sunita

Hi Sunita

These type of questions normally come to our users list but we'll look
at this one here.

What do you want formatted in a South African style?

Are you looking at Date, Time, Currency or something else?

While you are answering that can you please let us know your operating
system and version as well as the version of OpenOffice you are using.
It may help someone on the list to help you

Thanks

Rob

Please reply to discuss(a)openoffice.org as then anyone on the list can
help you.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Harold Fuchs on
Rob Clement wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 14:52, Sandy Smith wrote:
>> Good Afternoon
>>
>> My name is Sunita and I use OPEN OFFICE CALC in the shop I work. I
>> would like to know if there is any way I can change the settings on
>> it so the format goes to South African format outomatic. Can this be
>> done?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Sunita
>>
> Hi Sunita
>
> These type of questions normally come to our users list but we'll look
> at this one here.
>
> What do you want formatted in a South African style?
>
> Are you looking at Date, Time, Currency or something else?
>
> While you are answering that can you please let us know your operating
> system and version as well as the version of OpenOffice you are using.
> It may help someone on the list to help you
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob
>
> Please reply to discuss(a)openoffice.org as then anyone on the list can
> help you.

> For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

Rob,

Sunita isn't subscribed to this list and isn't reading it via Gmane so
she almost certainly won't see your reply unless you cc her explicitly.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "JAZAL LEATHER" on

Dear Sir/Madam

We need agent, repersentitive for our products in the worldwide, salery
plus comision if you are interested please contact us thanks ...
Thanks
Jazal Leather

From: Rob Clement on
On 13/08/2010 15:26, Sandy Smith wrote:
> Afternoon Rob
>
> I would like to change my date settings. I am not sure what version it
> is. Can you maybe tell me where I can find these setting?
> have a nice weekend
>
> Regards
> Sunita
>
> ---- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Clement" <rob(a)robbev.com>

Sunita

To find the version of OpenOffice you are using look at >Help and >about
OpenOffice.org.

The format of the date is controlled by the format.

As an example open a spreadsheet with the date in it and select one cell
containing a date. Select >Format >Cells. A new window will pop up.
Click the tab showing Numbers (if it is not already being shown) and
then look at the Category column on the left hand side - that should
have Date highlighted. Now what are you showing under the language
column. I think you need to set that to English (South Africa) using the
drop-down menu and then see if the required date formats are available
as shown in the format column in the middle. Select the format and then
click OK and the cell should show the correct format. You can then
select as many cells containing dates to be the correct format.

Hope that helps

Rob

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org