From: naser on

Hello all,

I am trying to compile openoffice.org in windows. I am using cygwin. When I
give ./configure command then following message displayed-

* *
* OpenOffice.org build configuration. *
* *
* The configure process checks your platform to see whether *
* you can build OpenOffice.org on it. *
* This process checks all pre-requisites and generates a file *
* containing the necessary environment variables. *
* Source this file after configure has ended successfully. *
* *
* Any warning that is generated during the configure process *
* must be taken into account since it can be a reason for *
* an unsuccessful build of OpenOffice.org *
* *

* *
* Checking the platform pre-requisites. *
* *

checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for solenv environment... default
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
cygwin
checking Cygwin version... 1.7.5(0.225/5/3)
checking whether to enable crashdump feature... no
checking whether to use the standard non-optimizing compiler... no
checking whether to turn warnings to errors... no
checking whether to do a debug build... no
checking whether to build with additional debug utilities... no, full
product bu
ild
checking whether to include symbols into final build... no
checking whether to strip the solver or not.... checking whether to enable
nativ
e CUPS support... no
checking whether to enable fontconfig support... no
checking whether to enable filters for legacy binary file formats
(StarOffice 5.
2)... yes
checking whether to use DirectX... yes
checking whether to use ActiveX... yes
checking whether to use ATL... yes
checking whether to use RPATH in shared libraries... yes
checking whether to include MySpell dictionaries... yes
checking which shell to use... configure: error: /usr/bin/gawk, awk, tar or
gunz
ip is a cygwin symlink!
Native windows programs cannot use cygwin symlinks. Remove the symbolic
link, and copy the program to the name of the link.

I found several solution in net and already implemented all but still facing
the problem.

For example::I triyed with

cd /bin
rm awk.exe
cp gawk.exe awk.exe

and also for

gzip.exe / gunzip.exe;

For tar when I am running-

$ ls -l /bin/tar.exe

it shows-

-rwxr-xr-x 1 Naser root 317454 2010-06-29 18:48 /bin/tar.exe

followings are also installed-

Archive::Zip
XML::Parser
URI
LWP::UserAgent
Crypt::SSLeay
SOAP::Lite

I get stacked with the above error, please help me.

thanks.
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org