Prev: Excel
Next: EXCELL
From: WILT on
I AM TRYING TO ORGANIZE SOME DATA VERTICALLY BUT IS ALL HORIZONTALLY... FOR
EXAMPLE:

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

A B C
1 TIM MAY 3 12
2 MATT APRIL 3 15
3 WAYNE DEC 16 24

IS THERE A FUNCTION WHERE U CAN CHANGE IT TO

A B C
1 TIM MATT WAYNE
2 MAY 3 APRIL 3 DEC 16
3 12 15 24

THANKS

From: Rick Rothstein on
Select the cells you want to transpose, click Edit/Copy from the menu bar,
then select a single cell in the empty area below all your data, click
Edit/PasteSpecial from the menu bar, put a checkmark in the Transpose
checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box and click the OK button. Now,
delete the data you copied and move the newly pasted, transposed data to
wherever you want.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"WILT" <WILT(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I AM TRYING TO ORGANIZE SOME DATA VERTICALLY BUT IS ALL HORIZONTALLY...
> FOR
> EXAMPLE:
>
> THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
>
> A B C
> 1 TIM MAY 3 12
> 2 MATT APRIL 3 15
> 3 WAYNE DEC 16 24
>
> IS THERE A FUNCTION WHERE U CAN CHANGE IT TO
>
> A B C
> 1 TIM MATT WAYNE
> 2 MAY 3 APRIL 3 DEC 16
> 3 12 15 24