From: relthree on
Suggestions please. Some pictures on few pages are not loading on a web-site
produced with Front Page 2003. Also, in some places a paragraph might show
in Verdana, as designed, while another adjacent to it might be incorrectly
shown in Times New Roman. All pictures load properly and show properly in
Front Page design and preview modes but not on the web site. Fonts vary as
described even in preview mode, and sometimes change in preview and stay
changed after having been typed in design mode.

I am a frustrated novice and will really appreciate some help. Is the
picture problem possibly connected with the web host server? I upload with
FileZilla. The site publisher in FP won't work on the host server for some
unknown reason. All but two uploaded pages display properly. I completely
reworked one of the two yesterday from a new blank page but using the same
pictures. The same pictures in the same locations load and don't load just
as before. On another page I'm using pictures taken, sized in Photoshop, and
installed exactly the same. One will load on the site while an adjacent
might not. When I first uploaded several days ago some loaded properly that
now won't load at all, but the problem is consistent. It is the same
pictures in the same locations always.

Can anyone help me decide where the problem lies? Host server has Front
Page Extensions installed, whatever that means. At first, not so.
Installing them made no difference. Should I modify pictures, change FTP
program, change host, or try to find a Christian designer to assist with this
site - lovereach.org. See it for yourself if you will.

Thank you, whoever will advise me. Also, please ask for more info if needed.

relthree

From: Tom Willett on
1) We need a URL to the site and a page in question.
2) If the host has FP server extensions installed, you must http:// publish
to the server, not FTP, which will, and probably has, corrupted the
extensions and your website.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997