From: Niklas Holsti on
Simon Wright wrote:
> Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti(a)tidorum.invalid> writes:
>
>> But I would really need an FSF-licenced compiler,
>> because some of my source code is under NDA from other parties and
>> can't be opened.
>
> OK, have a look at http://public.me.com/simon.j.wright for the 4.5.0
> x86_64 compiler. As far as I can remember, the C & Ada testsuites passed
> with flying colors.

That's great, Simon, many thanks.

Not having the Mac immediately at hand, I tried to download this on my
everyday system, Debian Linux Iceweasel (Mozilla), but after clicking on
the Download button for the compiler bzip2, and clicking Save File in
the resulting pop-up dialog, nothing happened -- no download. However,
the Mac was able to download the file. Apparently public.me.com is a
Mac-only site in some way.

The compiler seems to run ok -- thanks again.

> Andrew Reynolds, over at macada --
> http://hermes.gwu.edu/archives/gnat-osx.html for the mailing list -- has
> also built a 4.5.0 compiler, not sure whether that was for Snow Leopard
> or just Leopard.

Thanks, good to have several options.

--
Niklas Holsti