From: Sarthak Singhal on
Hi Guidingbyte,

Can you check the post by EzLivin?
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=14&catid=19
3&threadid=1410054&enterthread=y

Thanks

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Guidingbyte[/b][/b][/i]
I installed CS4 design Premium and everything works fine except FW. Each time
I try to launch it I get a window pop up that says "AMT Subsystem Failure" and
that I should restart. I did restart but no luck. I switched to a test user to
eliminate the font issue and still the same error. I uninstallled from the DVD,
including to remove application prefs and reinstalled from the DVD. Same error.
I am on a 2.66 MacPro running 10.5.5. Fireworks CS3 still works fine.

[/q]

From: David B?rwald on
HI Ez,
I've had the same issues on every Fireworks launch.
I tried all the wonderfull Tips (Fonts, Caches, Preferences, etc. but finally
a complete re-installation of OS X helped me.
On the first attemp I tried a migration from a Time Machine Backup, which
results in excat the same failures.
The second installation with no user-migration worked fine. For the mail-,
calendar-, and adressbook-files I used iBackup.

Greetz
David

From: mdstudio on
I had the exact same problem, only on the Windows Vista side.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Fireworks with no luck. I also tried
renaming a Quicktime folder (QTSystem) based on other people's success in a
thread on another forum. No luck.

I was finally able to get Fireworks to run again by completely uninstalling
the whole CS4 suite and then reinstalling it. I suspect that Fireworks was
choking on a shared resource.

I hope that helps someone -- it was a very frustrating and time-consuming
problem.