From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 27, 9:15 pm, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> (...) and help stop distorting the reality.

BTW, when you ask a dummie that is using IE regularly "why do you use
it ?" he'll tell you: because most pages "work" in IE. LOL. But we
know that the truth is just the other way around: most pages would NOT
work in IE out of the box if it were not due to extra work+ coding+
tuning+ workarounds (++sweat).

OTOH, once a page works fine in e.g. FireFox, you can rest assured ~
100% that it's going to work too in Opera, Safari and Chrome...
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 27, 3:29 pm, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 9:15 pm, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > (...) and help stop distorting the reality.
>
> BTW, when you ask a dummie that is using IE regularly "why do you use
> it ?" he'll tell you: because most pages "work" in IE. LOL. But we
> know that the truth is just the other way around: most pages would NOT
> work in IE out of the box if it were not due to extra work+ coding+
> tuning+ workarounds (++sweat).

Your laziness and contempt for your end-users is staggeringly
unprofessional.

> OTOH, once a page works fine in e.g. FireFox, you can rest assured ~
> 100% that it's going to work too in Opera, Safari and Chrome...

Not necessarily. :)
From: Matt Kruse on
On Jul 27, 2:29 pm, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> BTW, when you ask a dummie that is using IE regularly "why do you use
> it ?" he'll tell you: because most pages "work" in IE.

Or, because it supports ActiveX in an internal corporate intranet
environment, where webapps can create and manipulate MSOffice objects
to integrate existing business documents with database-driven webapps.

Your other "Big 4" browser alternatives fail miserably in this regard.

Matt Kruse
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 27, 10:02 pm, Matt Kruse <m...(a)thekrusefamily.com> wrote:

> Or, because it supports ActiveX in an internal corporate intranet
> environment, where webapps can create and manipulate MSOffice objects
> to integrate existing business documents with database-driven webapps.
>
> Your other "Big 4" browser alternatives fail miserably in this regard.

But I'm talking about web browsers, and ActiveX has nothing to do with
the web.
--
Jorge.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 27, 4:39 pm, Richard Cornford <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk>

> Yes, demanding that your expectations are satisfied without first
> having good grounds for those expectations is not reasonable. IE
> introduced the - innerHTML - property, and in IE it has never worked
> any differently than it does now. If others introduce non-compatible
> imitations of Microsoft's browser features that is no reason to expect
> those features to work any differently in Microsoft's browser.

Also, given that innerHTML is as well in the 4 other major browsers,
and given that it works there better although differently than in IEs,
I can say that 4 browsers out of 5 have a better innerHTML
implementation than the botched one (Microsoft's IE).
--
Jorge.