From: siljaline on
This pretty much sums up where Facebook is as of the last week or so.
<http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/facebook-rogue/>

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: James Morrow on
In article <hs5f6u$i3g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, spam(a)uce.gov
says...
> This pretty much sums up where Facebook is as of the last week or so.
> <http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/facebook-rogue/>
>
> Silj

I feel strongly that what Facebook has done is morally wrong. But like
so many web sites, they make to rules, I have a Facebook page which
contains minimum content. I'll soon close my account. But once data is
uploaded to such a site you can't control it or its use. No Facebook or
Twitter for me. I chose to leave and thus I control my data. Privacy is
not a game but a principal. I've posted to Usenet for over a decade now
with no real problems. But the social networking sites are pervasive in
their intrusiveness. I chose to go. That is my decision. I am in
control.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamesemorrow(a)email.com
From: Robin Bignall on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:23:43 -0500, James Morrow
<jamesemorrow(a)email.com> wrote:

>In article <hs5f6u$i3g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, spam(a)uce.gov
>says...
>> This pretty much sums up where Facebook is as of the last week or so.
>> <http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/facebook-rogue/>
>>
>> Silj
>>

>I feel strongly that what Facebook has done is morally wrong. But like
>so many web sites, they make to rules, I have a Facebook page which
>contains minimum content. I'll soon close my account. But once data is
>uploaded to such a site you can't control it or its use. No Facebook or
>Twitter for me. I chose to leave and thus I control my data. Privacy is
>not a game but a principal. I've posted to Usenet for over a decade now
>with no real problems. But the social networking sites are pervasive in
>their intrusiveness. I chose to go. That is my decision. I am in
>control.

How does one close an account and remove oneself from Facebook?
--
Robin
(BrE)
From: Bast on

Robin Bignall wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:23:43 -0500, James Morrow
> <jamesemorrow(a)email.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <hs5f6u$i3g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, spam(a)uce.gov
>> says...
>>> This pretty much sums up where Facebook is as of the last week or so.
>>> <http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/facebook-rogue/>
>>>
>>> Silj
>>>

>> I feel strongly that what Facebook has done is morally wrong. But like
>> so many web sites, they make to rules, I have a Facebook page which
>> contains minimum content. I'll soon close my account. But once data is
>> uploaded to such a site you can't control it or its use. No Facebook or
>> Twitter for me. I chose to leave and thus I control my data. Privacy is
>> not a game but a principal. I've posted to Usenet for over a decade now
>> with no real problems. But the social networking sites are pervasive in
>> their intrusiveness. I chose to go. That is my decision. I am in
>> control.
>
> How does one close an account and remove oneself from Facebook?

No slight intended, but WOW, if you are a member and have to ask that.
I think that pretty much validates the article.

From: Dustin Cook on
"Bast" <fakename(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in

> Robin Bignall wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:23:43 -0500, James Morrow
>> <jamesemorrow(a)email.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <hs5f6u$i3g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, spam(a)uce.gov
>>> says...

>>> I feel strongly that what Facebook has done is morally wrong. But
>>> like so many web sites, they make to rules, I have a Facebook page
>>> which contains minimum content. I'll soon close my account. But once
>>> data is uploaded to such a site you can't control it or its use. No
>>> Facebook or Twitter for me. I chose to leave and thus I control my
>>> data. Privacy is not a game but a principal. I've posted to Usenet
>>> for over a decade now with no real problems. But the social
>>> networking sites are pervasive in their intrusiveness. I chose to
>>> go. That is my decision. I am in control.
>>
>> How does one close an account and remove oneself from Facebook?
>

> No slight intended, but WOW, if you are a member and have to ask that.
> I think that pretty much validates the article.

I have to agree...

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh..
nudge this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Spermware Removal
Next: Avira scan