From: Arne And on
Hi

Have an Exchang 2007 SP1 and after a hard shutdown the Mail database
wont bee mounted.

When I try to mount I get this Error.

Microsoft Exchange Error
Failed to mount database 'Mailbox Database'.

Mailbox Database
Failed
Error:
Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified
database: POSTSERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database; Error code:
MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to mount database.
(hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)

OK
Cant find anything about this on the net....

The Public Folder database is ok mounted.

Thanx for any help

-AA-
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 08:49:30 -0700 (PDT), Arne And
<sjefenoverallesjefer(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Have an Exchang 2007 SP1 and after a hard shutdown the Mail database
>wont bee mounted.
>
>When I try to mount I get this Error.

>Microsoft Exchange Error
>Failed to mount database 'Mailbox Database'.
>
>Mailbox Database
>Failed
>Error:
>Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified
>database: POSTSERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database; Error code:
>MapiExceptionJetErrorReadVerifyFailure: Unable to mount database.
>(hr=0x80004005, ec=-1018)
^^^^^

NOT good! -------------+

This means that there a checksum error on a database page.

>Cant find anything about this on the net....

Restore the database from backup.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Martin Blackstone [MVP] on
This is bad:
-1018

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:52:39 -0700, "Martin Blackstone [MVP]"
<martinb(a)myrealbox.com> wrote:

>This is bad:
>-1018

It will be even worse if there is no backup!

From: Arne And on
Well, got backup and restored the Mailbox Data, but now The Transport
Service wont start...

Looks like the Hub must be reinstalled..

-AA-