From: Jason Haar on
Rashid N. Achilov wrote:

> Probably, your hostname is not equal your AD full name (i.e. box.hostname.com
> but AD named hostname.org). Today I'll put a big pile of debug messages to
> trace problem in source (it is net_ads.c in utils) and try to reach 'natural'
> solve...

Exactly right. My "netbios name =" value reflects a different hostname
than the actual server. I didn't realize there was any problem with that...

Anyway, once I changed the "netbios name" entry to "netbios aliases = ",
"net join" works first time.

I'd still say that was a bug in Samba - but the workaround will do for
now :-)

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417