From: Joe#2 on
This apparently is a hack attempt, correct. I've had 1073 attempts to log in
as administrator from what appears to be a site in italy. Here is one entry
from the event log.

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 529
Date: 8/3/2010
Time: 5:23:50 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: SAMSON
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: admin
Domain: SUNRAY
Logon Type: 10
Logon Process: User32
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: SAMSON
Caller User Name: SAMSON$
Caller Domain: SUNRAY
Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
Caller Process ID: 10072
Transited Services: -
Source Network Address: 79.14.254.179
Source Port: 2968

From: Joe#2 on
I realize I should have deleted the domain info here. Modirator could you
either x out that info of just delete the post.

From: Jim on
Errm...no moderators on nntp. Your posted is now archived in Google
forever more....

At least it wasn't anything more than a domain name :-)

From: Colin on
Hi,

Block that source IP address at your firewall, or better still, the entire
subnet.

Regards Colin.

From: Joe#2 on
Bummer on google. Oh sigh!