From: Patrice on
This description is for the "content-type field" so it looks quite clear to
me that this is the line that begins with Content-Type: and they tell that
the boundary must be followed by a CRLF (and possibly before optional linear
whitespace).

To me, the actual use is described few lines later :

" The boundary delimiter MUST occur at the beginning of a line, i.e.,
following a CRLF, and the initial CRLF is considered to be attached
to the boundary delimiter line rather than part of the preceding
part."

Also it seems to me charset is not supposed to be here but in another
optional content-type header that is inside the boundaries...

Finally the reality check is that it doesn't work and that it works when
corrected. So clearly the iPhone implementation is different from anything
else that POST to an IIS server even if it is supposed to follow the
standard.

Not sure if it works with the later or an older version (as it seems that
their application doesn't handle the post the same way on all iPhones).

Hopefully the iPhone guy will understand (why is this so difficult to change
this, or does he tell that MS should change how IIS handles web requests ?)

You could try also to ask them against which server it works (ASP "Classic",
Apache ?, does it work with some ASP.NET users with this exact request
formatting ?)...

--
Patrice

"Tim" <TimWard(a)nospam.nospam> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : F925570C-03A0-4B2B-8713-20416665CE4A(a)microsoft.com...