From: Jeff on
I have Outlook 2003. Recently once I close the program it will not open
unless I restart my computer. I have completed several malware, virus, and
microsoft scans and they find nothing. I also downloaded the new junk mail
fix and now outlook is slower (problem occured before junk mail download).
Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.
From: Slipstick on

Jeff wrote:
> I have Outlook 2003. Recently once I close the program it will not open
> unless I restart my computer. I have completed several malware, virus,
> and
> microsoft scans and they find nothing. I also downloaded the new junk
> mail
> fix and now outlook is slower (problem occured before junk mail
> download).
> Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.

Go to taks manage, process tab - is outlook.exe listed? Close it from
there and try reopening.

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp for causes.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46193

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Jeff on

"Jeff" wrote:

> I have Outlook 2003. Recently once I close the program it will not open
> unless I restart my computer. I have completed several malware, virus, and
> microsoft scans and they find nothing. I also downloaded the new junk mail
> fix and now outlook is slower (problem occured before junk mail download).
> Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.

This is not an issue with shut down, it is an issue with opening after
closing of the program. Sorry if I was not clear.
From: Slipstick on

Jeff wrote:
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > I have Outlook 2003. Recently once I close the program it will not
> open
> > unless I restart my computer. I have completed several malware,
> virus, and
> > microsoft scans and they find nothing. I also downloaded the new junk
> mail
> > fix and now outlook is slower (problem occured before junk mail
> download).
> > Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.
>
> This is not an issue with shut down, it is an issue with opening after
> closing of the program. Sorry if I was not clear.

Same difference. Outlook did not shut down correctly so it can't open.
You need to figure out why its not closing cleanly and fix it, then it
will reopen without problems. See

From: Jeff on