From: shakey on
There is a rash of false notification Emails going around today purporting
to be MS updates.
MS does not use Email for updates, warnings, or anything else.
Do not open.
MS

From: Tim Meddick on
I have been connected to the internet for a few years now, and have never found a
period when bogus M$ emails (usually containing a virus masquerading as an "update")
have NOT been a constant plague...

In other words... they are nothing new!...

(but cheers for the warning anyway, you're heart's obviously in the right place)

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Tim Meddick on
I would also add, that Microsoft *never* include updates in any of their emails.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: shakey on
Tim I did it for this group which is for NEW USERS. They might not know
that as we do.
SG