From: Sysu on
Thanks for your response J.
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was not using the arrows and
spacebar, as well as the F1 button(info) to make necessary changes.

Since my drivers loaded but Windows could not detect the device/hardware
(code 41 ), I went to the manufacturer's website. Samsung

Once there I found that is where you get better updates and upgrades. In
the 'find' box I typed "cdrw', it took me to a page for upgrades and manuals
for all types of "built in". Note: Whether or not it says manual or firmware
click on it, it takes you to the page for both. For my DVD/CDROM Samsung
CD-R/RW SW 248F, I found an upgrade and manual. It was FREE!

Annnnnnnnnnd Voila..it is working!

Hopefully this will help someone that is considering reinstallation as I
was, or new PC purchase. Well, after 5 days of neverending searching and
tries/fails I have reached the goal I sought.

Thanks all in the thread and Be Blessed