From: Morten Leikvoll on
I wonder if anyone have experience with this.
I want some HW that can compete with the serial flash programming speed.
Maybe some kind of usb-io pre-programmed microcontroller that can run at
full speed.
Will any of the available blaster HW's be able to run at full speed if
integrated close to the fpga?

From: Antti on
On Nov 18, 11:36 am, "Morten Leikvoll" <mleik...(a)yahoo.nospam> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone have experience with this.
> I want some HW that can compete with the serial flash programming speed.
> Maybe some kind of usb-io pre-programmed microcontroller that can run at
> full speed.
> Will any of the available blaster HW's be able to run at full speed if
> integrated close to the fpga?

if this is commercial project please contact me per email,
we have several products that built in USB blaster mode
from FS USB you can not get full speed as of the usb limit
with HS usb, possible, or when downloading from local
fast media

Antti
From: Morten Leikvoll on
I think I found a chip for the job. It even has jtag drivers available.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/FT4232H.htm

From: Antti on
On Nov 20, 12:22 pm, "Morten Leikvoll" <mleik...(a)yahoo.nospam> wrote:
> I think I found a chip for the job. It even has jtag drivers available.http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/FT4232H.htm

ah :) well you did not say what you needed
sure the FT2232H/FT4232H would download at super speed over USB if
that is all you need,
can just use ftdi jtag dll

hm did not read original posting, original usb blaster can not run at
very high speeds because of
protocol overhead and FS only, ok, the usb blaster could be done using
FT2232H too, but the current HDL code
for blaster would have to be modified to speed up (most the blaster
implementations read out
the FTDI fifo tooslowly)

Antti