From: Mr. X. on
Hello.
I have VS 2008.
Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ?

Thanks :)
From: Mr. Arnold on
Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
> I have VS 2008.
> Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ?
>
> Thanks :)

There are internet/Web sites 3rd party tools (free) that will do it, a
cut and paste operation.
From: Peter Duniho on
Mr. X. wrote:
> Hello.
> I have VS 2008.
> Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ?

Google can find you tools to do the conversion. I have found that given
how similar the structure of the code is in either language, it's not
really that hard to just copy VB.NET code into a C# source file and then
go through and fix all the errors that are displayed. You can even use
search-and-replace to fix a lot of the stuff.

Pete
From: keeling on
On Jun 16, 11:09 am, Peter Duniho <NpOeStPe...(a)NnOwSlPiAnMk.com>
wrote:
> Mr. X. wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I have VS 2008.
> > Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ?
>
> Google can find you tools to do the conversion.  I have found that given
> how similar the structure of the code is in either language, it's not
> really that hard to just copy VB.NET code into a C# source file and then
> go through and fix all the errors that are displayed.  You can even use
> search-and-replace to fix a lot of the stuff.
>
> Pete

I don't know about fast, but Reflector will do it for you from a
compiled assembly: http://www.red-gate.com/products/reflector/
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 16-06-2010 08:46, Mr. X. wrote:
> I have VS 2008.
> Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ?

SharpDevelop has an OK converter.

And given that is free then ...

There are also something on the web like:
http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/

Arne