From: Gustav Wiberg on
Hi there!

Maybe this link may help?
http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery1:FAQ#Why_do_I_get_the_error_Allowed_memory_size_of_Xxx_bytes_exhausted.3F

Best regards
/Gustav Wiberg

-----Original Message-----
From: bedul [mailto:landavia81(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 8:51 AM
To: Gustav Wiberg
Cc: php-windows(a)lists.php.net; php-db(a)lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] Fatal Error: Allocated memory size problem...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gustav Wiberg" <gustav(a)hmn.se>
To: "'Hartleigh Burton'" <hburton(a)mraentertainment.com>;
<php-windows(a)lists.php.net>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 2:22 PM

Hi there!

What fieldtype do you try to store the file in?

[bedul]
since i have same problem. i hope my answer are same as Hartleigh Burton
i use longblob.. it says able to take 2mb?? but i try to execute with 1mb..
it false?
====================================
Best regards
/Gustav Wiberg

check your php ini file for memory limits and filesize limits. Also check
the mysql (if that is where the problem is) config to make sure you have
enough resources allocated in memory

bastien

>From: "bedul" <landavia81(a)gmail.com>
>To: "Hartleigh Burton" <hburton(a)mraentertainment.com>
>CC: <php-windows(a)lists.php.net>,<php-db(a)lists.php.net>
>Subject: [PHP-DB] Re: [PHP-WIN] Fatal Error: Allocated memory size
>problem...
>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:57:37 +0700
>
>same here not work for me

Win a trip for four to a concert anywhere in the world!
http://www.mobilelivetour.ca/
From: Stut on
Hartleigh Burton wrote:
> I am having some problems while uploading a file to a MySQL database
> relating to file sizes. I have created a script which successfully
> uploads most files to the database, however anything roughly over 1MB in
> size seems to return a PHP error. I am not trying to upload anything
> larger than 15MB. The error I am getting is as follows:
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 8439363 bytes) in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\_dev\mraintranet\settings\common.php on line
> 78 (memory_limit = 64M)
>
> I have done a fair bit of reading on the google-net and found that this
> is a very common problem. So I started changing the configuration of the
> php.ini file to try and resolve it the same way others have. Currently I
> have the memory_limit set to 64M, which is significantly more than the
> 8M or 12M that is set by default in the php.ini file. When I bump it up
> to say 128M or 256M I get the same error with different
> exhausted/allocated sizes. I have tried putting this up to 512M. Example:
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 7311167 bytes) in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\_dev\mraintranet\settings\common.php on line
> 77 (memory_limit = 128M)
>
> That is uploading the exact same file (which is approximately 3.5MB). I
> don't understand why the 'tried to allocate' size is different. I also
> don't understand why the error is occurring on different lines. I have
> changed post_max_size to 20M. I upgraded to PHP 5.2.1 after first
> noticing the problem and reading that this version of PHP had a lot of
> memory bug fixes in it. I am using the following software:
>
> Windows 2000 (SP4)
> PHP 5.2.1
> Apache 2.2.4
> MySQL 5.0.27
>
> If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this then the help is greatly
> appreciated.

Show us your script. Chances are that you have a bug that is causing
lots of memory to be allocated.

Incidentally, the "tried to allocate n bytes" message indicates how much
it was trying to allocate when it ran out. If you change the
memory_limit then I'm not surprised that this value changes.

-Stut
From: Hartleigh Burton on
I am using a longblob to store the file data, however this seems to
be a php error rather than a mysql error.

On 05/03/2007, at 5:22 PM, Gustav Wiberg wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> What fieldtype do you try to store the file in?
>
> Best regards
> /Gustav Wiberg

Regards,
Hartleigh Burton
Resident Geek

MRA Entertainment Pty Ltd
5 Dividend St | Mansfield | QLD 4122 | Australia
Phone: (07) 3457 5041
Fax: (07) 3349 8806
Mobile: 0421 646 978

www.mraentertainment.com

From: Hartleigh Burton on
Hi Stut,

You were in the right area thats for sure. I had a look through where
the script was ending a bit closer... there is a function i use to
make the sql query safe for inserts if magic quotes is not on thats
something like this...

function WalkAddSlashes(&$item, $key) {
if(!is_array($item)) {
$item = addslashes($item);
$item = str_replace("\"","&quot;",$item);
}
}

The strange thing is that this function was not being called at all
from this particular script, however the include file was being
loaded. So I made sure that there were minimalist includes for this
particular script which cut out any unnecessary junk. This solved the
php memory problem which then brought me to a MySQL error where the
max_allowed_packet size was too small which was a simple fix.

Thanks for the help everyone, greatly appreciate it.