From: Lucress Carol on
I'm trying to access a device connected to my computer.More precisely
I'm
trying to send some voltages to the pins of a high amplifier unit.In
order to do that
I wrote a dll and by compiling I'm always getting the error message:

Fatal error LNK1104:File "C:\Programme\Microsoft.obj"can not be
opened!!

although I'd added the file for the driverlibrary named KlibDrv.LIB
under Project-->settings-->Object-/Library Module I still got the same
error message...
Could someone give me a hint?

Lucress
From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
Lucress Carol wrote:
> Fatal error LNK1104:File "C:\Programme\Microsoft.obj"can not be
> opened!!

Look at the path, I guess the whole path is "C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual
Studio\..", i.e. there is a space in the path. If you are using a
text-oriented tool and don't take this into account it will split the
arguments for a program at the space, which breaks said path.

> although I'd added the file for the driverlibrary named KlibDrv.LIB
> under Project-->settings-->Object-/Library Module I still got the same
> error message...
> Could someone give me a hint?

Add double quotes.

Uli

From: Lucress Carol on
On 21 Nov., 16:36, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...(a)satorlaser.com> wrote:
> Lucress Carol wrote:
> > Fatal error LNK1104:File "C:\Programme\Microsoft.obj"can not be
> > opened!!
>
> Look at the path, I guess the whole path is "C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\..", i.e. there is a space in the path. If you are using a
> text-oriented tool and don't take this into account it will split the
> arguments for a program at the space, which breaks said path.
>
> > although I'd added the file for the driverlibrary named KlibDrv.LIB
> > under Project-->settings-->Object-/Library Module I still got the same
> > error message...
> > Could someone give me a hint?
>
> Add double quotes.
>
> Uli

The whole path is in fact: C:\programme\Microsoft Visual Studio
\VC98\Lib\KlibDrv.LIB.
I can't see any space anywhere.By adding double quotes I get four
more errors....
Lucress
From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
Lucress Carol wrote:
> The whole path is in fact:
> C:\programme\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\KlibDrv.LIB.
^^^ ^^^

> I can't see any space anywhere.

Look again.

> By adding double quotes I get four more errors....

Which errors are those? And why would you add something with a whole path
anyway when it points to a well-known path? Lastly, turn on the verbose
mode (the one that dumps the whole commandline to the output) and you might
see what is going wrong there.

Uli