From: Mint on
I am running XP Pro Sp3.

For some reason, I can no longer send faxes.

I have tried re-installing fax services and my printer.

Thanks.
From: Anthony Buckland on

"Mint" <chocolatemint77581(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am running XP Pro Sp3.
>
> For some reason, I can no longer send faxes.
>
> I have tried re-installing fax services and my printer.
>
> Thanks.

OK, here's the immemorial question, "What
happens when you try?" Meaning, exactly
what messages, if any, do you see? Does
nothing whatever happen? Does the fax seem
to be about to be sent, but something stops it,
and if so with what kind of wording? Have you
tried the often-necessary reinitializing (switch
off, then on, possibly with your computer shut
down) of your modem?

From: Mint on
On Jul 23, 5:04 pm, "Anthony Buckland"
<anthonybucklandnos...(a)telus.net> wrote:
> "Mint" <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I am running XP Pro Sp3.
>
> > For some reason, I can no longer send faxes.
>
> > I have tried re-installing fax services and my printer.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> OK, here's the immemorial question, "What
> happens when you try?"  Meaning, exactly
> what messages, if any, do you see?  Does
> nothing whatever happen?  Does the fax seem
> to be about to be sent, but something stops it,
> and if so with what kind of wording?  Have you
> tried the often-necessary reinitializing (switch
> off, then on, possibly with your computer shut
> down) of your modem?

Of course, I rebooted the computer.

It gets to the point of finish, screen goes away, and document
appears.

Document is not sent.

From: Anthony Buckland on

On Jul 23, 5:04 pm, "Anthony Buckland"
<anthonybucklandnos...(a)telus.net> wrote:
>> "Mint" <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> >I am running XP Pro Sp3.
>>
>> > For some reason, I can no longer send faxes.
>>
>> > I have tried re-installing fax services and my printer.
>>
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> OK, here's the immemorial question, "What
>> happens when you try?" Meaning, exactly
>> what messages, if any, do you see? Does
>> nothing whatever happen? Does the fax seem
>> to be about to be sent, but something stops it,
>> and if so with what kind of wording? Have you
>> tried the often-necessary reinitializing (switch
>> off, then on, possibly with your computer shut
>> down) of your modem?
>
>Of course, I rebooted the computer.
>
>It gets to the point of finish, screen goes away, and document
>appears.
>
>Document is not sent.

When I suggested powering down, then up, the modem,
I was (1) speculating that your modem is not internal
to your computer, and (2) drawing on my own experience
of, more than once, powering the modem down
independently of rebooting the computer, so that the
modem would itself reboot (and having it return to
normal function as a consequence). If your modem
is internal, then this doesn't apply. But in general,
sometimes a cold boot (cut the power, switch off
the surge suppressor, then start from scratch), succeeds
where a warm reboot with the power still on doesn't.
(Disclaimer: I am not an expert, but a fellow sufferer
who saw in your post an echo of my own experiences.)

From: Mint on
On Jul 23, 1:15 pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am running XP Pro Sp3.
>
> For some reason, I can no longer send faxes.
>
> I have tried re-installing fax services and my printer.
>
> Thanks.

Can any of the MVP's help with this?