From: SM on
Anyone got a favourite feed reader for iPad? Reeder has some good
ratings but there are a lot of others to choose from.

TIA

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
From: Jim on
SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone got a favourite feed reader for iPad? Reeder has some good
> ratings but there are a lot of others to choose from.

Pulse is quite good, but still something of a work in progress. Won't
play video and has a limit of (I think) 20 feeds.

Feeddler is quite good in a no-frills kind of way.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: SM on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Anyone got a favourite feed reader for iPad? Reeder has some good
> > ratings but there are a lot of others to choose from.
>
> Pulse is quite good, but still something of a work in progress. Won't
> play video and has a limit of (I think) 20 feeds.

Pulse looks slick but 20 feeds is a problem.

> Feeddler is quite good in a no-frills kind of way.

Most seem to use Google Reader - I wonder if any can just import an
export from NewsFire.

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
From: Danny T on
SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyone got a favourite feed reader for iPad? Reeder has some good
> ratings but there are a lot of others to choose from.

I've only tried Reeder, but it has made me finally 'get' RSS and Google
Reader after many failed attempts.

Reeder's quick and minimalist interface on the iPad and iPhone is a
pleasure to use. Combined with Instapaper Pro, and Osfoora for Twitter,
it is both powerful and simple to use.

I know that sounds a bit like advertising copy - but the iPad itself,
and that particular combination of apps, has really changed the way I
work and read.

--
Danny T
From: James Dore on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:01:22 +0100, Danny T <DannyTucsm(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> SM <info(a)that.sundog.co.uk> wrote:
>> Anyone got a favourite feed reader for iPad? Reeder has some good
>> ratings but there are a lot of others to choose from.
>
> I've only tried Reeder, but it has made me finally 'get' RSS and Google
> Reader after many failed attempts.
>
> Reeder's quick and minimalist interface on the iPad and iPhone is a
> pleasure to use. Combined with Instapaper Pro, and Osfoora for Twitter,
> it is both powerful and simple to use.
>
> I know that sounds a bit like advertising copy - but the iPad itself,
> and that particular combination of apps, has really changed the way I
> work and read.

Can I hijack this thread, and ask what people find feeds useful for? Also,
Is it just RSS, or are there other types of feed?

Cheers,
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: iOS 4.0.1