From: N_Cook on
Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may
as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
the 1980s?
say 4uF, 450VDC
marked
012022
235
8346B

1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

From: Ron on
On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
> Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
> Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may
> as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
> pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
> Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
> the 1980s?
> say 4uF, 450VDC
> marked
> 012022
> 235
> 8346B
>
> 1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender
amps, change em all.

Ron

From: Arfa Daily on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
>> Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
>> Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I
>> may
>> as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
>> pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
>> Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of
>> the 1980s?
>> say 4uF, 450VDC
>> marked
>> 012022
>> 235
>> 8346B
>>
>> 1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?
>>

> Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender amps,
> change em all.
>
> Ron

I reckon that goes for all amps with 12AX7 stages, doesn't it Ron ?

Arfa

From: Meat Plow on
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:54:00 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
>>> Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with
>>> them? Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something
>>> chemical. I may
>>> as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
>>> pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ? Anyone happen to know
>>> the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of the 1980s?
>>> say 4uF, 450VDC
>>> marked
>>> 012022
>>> 235
>>> 8346B
>>>
>>> 1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?
>>>

>> Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender
>> amps, change em all.
>>
>> Ron
>>

> I reckon that goes for all amps with 12AX7 stages, doesn't it Ron ?
>
> Arfa

I repaired an old 50 watt Silvertone a few months ago and found two 100k
plate resistors one in the splitter and one in the reverb driver that had
increased in value by nearly double. The splitter was a 12a-something but
the reverb driver was a 6-something.
From: Ron on
On 26/07/2010 17:54, Arfa Daily wrote:

> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> On 26/07/2010 16:39, N_Cook wrote:
>>> Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them?
>>> Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical.
>>> I may
>>> as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to
>>> pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ?
>>> Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory
>>> electrolytics of
>>> the 1980s?
>>> say 4uF, 450VDC
>>> marked
>>> 012022
>>> 235
>>> 8346B
>>>
>>> 1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?
>>>

>> Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender
>> amps, change em all.
>>
>> Ron
>>

> I reckon that goes for all amps with 12AX7 stages, doesn't it Ron ?
>
> Arfa

Not sure, I know I`ve changed a lot in Fenders. on the newer models it's
such a lot of parping about getting the board out, it`s easiest to
change the lot.
Modern valve amps are so very noisy anyway, specially fenders - the
don't make em like they used to you know!

Ron