From: bbb on
Fidelity merged FSMKX (Spartan 500 Index) to
FUSEX (Spartan 500 Index Fund Investor class) and
the transactions in Quicken (2008) shows up as Sold X shares
with sale as $0.00 and Bought Y shares with cost as $0.00.

But now the Cost Basis shows up as $0.00. How can I
fix this?

TIA
From: Targ on
In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, bbb wrote:

>Fidelity merged FSMKX (Spartan 500 Index) to
>FUSEX (Spartan 500 Index Fund Investor class) and
>the transactions in Quicken (2008) shows up as Sold X shares
>with sale as $0.00 and Bought Y shares with cost as $0.00.
>
>But now the Cost Basis shows up as $0.00. How can I
>fix this?

I have no clue if this would work, but you might try it in a copy of
your file.

Read about how Quicken handles a "Corporate Acquisition". See if it
works for mutual funds. Delete or void what got downloaded, and go
with the data you enter by hand. Let us know if that works or not.
From: bbb on
'Targ' wrote on 3/3/2010 11:02 PM:
> In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, bbb wrote:
>
>> Fidelity merged FSMKX (Spartan 500 Index) to
>> FUSEX (Spartan 500 Index Fund Investor class) and
>> the transactions in Quicken (2008) shows up as Sold X shares
>> with sale as $0.00 and Bought Y shares with cost as $0.00.
>>
>> But now the Cost Basis shows up as $0.00. How can I
>> fix this?
>
> I have no clue if this would work, but you might try it in a copy of
> your file.
>
> Read about how Quicken handles a "Corporate Acquisition". See if it
> works for mutual funds. Delete or void what got downloaded, and go
> with the data you enter by hand. Let us know if that works or not.

It appears to be working. For each transaction of the old FSMKX fund
Quicken creates an "Add - Shares Added" transaction with the merge
date. The transaction also has a "Date acquired" entry which
corresponds with the old transaction date.

I did a test by creating a "Sell" transaction and when I click
on "Specify Lots", it shows all the old transaction dates, just
like there was no merge.

The downside is that the "Annual Return (%)" information is lost.
It's acting like it was a sale/purchase. Oh well.

Thanks for your assistance.