From: Nate on
I created a data entry form and I would like 1 of the fields on the form that
is linked to a subform to automatically move to the next record after a date
is entered. Is there a simple way to do this?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:45:01 -0800, Nate <Nate(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I created a data entry form and I would like 1 of the fields on the form that
>is linked to a subform to automatically move to the next record after a date
>is entered. Is there a simple way to do this?

Yes. Use code like the following in the AfterUpdate event of the textbox.
Assuming that the textbox is named MyTextBox the code would be

Private Sub MyTextBox_AfterUpdate()
Me!MyTextBox.DefaultValue = """" & Me!MyTextBox & """"
End Sub

The four quotemarks before and after get translated to one " each, making the
DefaultValue property a string constant as is required.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1
Prev: Email multiple reports