From: Access SS on
I deleted a table out of my database... i know need it back. I still have
the database open, is there anyway to get the table back?
--
Access SS
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Access SS" <AccessSS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted a table out of my database... i know need it back. I still have
> the database open, is there anyway to get the table back?

If you haven't compacted or done anything else, this might work:

'------ start of code ------
Function UndeleteTable()

Dim db As DAO.Database, strTableName As String
Dim i As Integer, StrSqlString As String

Set db = CurrentDb()

For i = 0 To db.TableDefs.Count - 1

If Left(db.TableDefs(i).Name, 4) = "~tmp" Then
strTableName = db.TableDefs(i).Name
StrSqlString = "SELECT DISTINCTROW [" & strTableName & _
"].* INTO MyUndeletedTable FROM [" & strTableName & "];"
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
DoCmd.RunSQL StrSqlString
DoCmd.SetWarnings True
MsgBox "A table has been restored as MyUndeletedTable", _
vbOKOnly, "Restored"
GoTo Exit_UndeleteTable
End If
Next i
MsgBox "No Recoverable Tables Found", vbOKOnly, "Not Found"

Exit_UndeleteTable:
Set db = Nothing
Exit Function
Err_UndeleteTable:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_UndeleteTable

End Function
'------ end of code ------

You would paste that code into a standard module, and then either invoke it
via F5 or enter this in the Immediate Window:

UndeleteTable

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Maurice on
Nope, backup has to do the trick. That's why you are asked for confirmation
before the table is deleted.

Sorry... maybe someone does know a nifty trick somehow.
--
Maurice Ausum

From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
SQL Server could allow you restore up until right before this
happened.

with Access, you're stuck with the backup copy from last night

From: Larry Linson on

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf(a)gmail.com> wrote

> SQL Server could allow you restore up until
> right before this happened.

That is why SQL Server, in one of its several editions, is often used as the
database with an Access frontend in one of three versions: MDB, ACCDB, or
ADP.

> with Access, you're stuck with the backup copy from last night

A solution which might work to recover the deleted table has been posted. If
that works, it's moot when the backup copy was made. There is no required
schedule for making backup copies, so Mr. Kempf's statement should read "the
most recent backup copy" (and should state, "if that is required").

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP