From: Biggser on
I have a relative who is having the same problem. He sends
transactions, he gets an error, the transactions get to Fifth Third,
but continue to show up as "Send" in Quicken. Happened in Quicken
2009 and now happening in 2010 as well. It seems to have started
happening a few weeks ago, but I don't know exactly when.

I found this article on the Quicken web site.

http://www.quickencommunity.com/webx/Forums/Quicken%20Personal%20Finance%20Software%20Forum%20for%20Windows/Intuit%20communications/52?13

Looks like it's a problem that they found back in November of 2008,
and either fixed and it has returned, or they never fixed it. I can't
find any more information on it. The Quicken article and this posting
seems to be the only thing I have been able to find on the web. Fifth
Third blames Quicken, and I have not contacted Quicken yet. I plan to
do that this week.

Thanks,
Brian

From: Sharx35 on

"Biggser" <brian.m.biggs(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a relative who is having the same problem. He sends
> transactions, he gets an error, the transactions get to Fifth Third,
> but continue to show up as "Send" in Quicken. Happened in Quicken
> 2009 and now happening in 2010 as well. It seems to have started
> happening a few weeks ago, but I don't know exactly when.
>
> I found this article on the Quicken web site.
>
> http://www.quickencommunity.com/webx/Forums/Quicken%20Personal%20Finance%20Software%20Forum%20for%20Windows/Intuit%20communications/52?13
>
> Looks like it's a problem that they found back in November of 2008,
> and either fixed and it has returned, or they never fixed it. I can't
> find any more information on it. The Quicken article and this posting
> seems to be the only thing I have been able to find on the web. Fifth
> Third blames Quicken, and I have not contacted Quicken yet. I plan to
> do that this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> On Oct 7, 9:09 am, Rick <rickyhald...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe this isn't a Quicken problem, but. . .
>> I enter a payment to a frequently used payeee in QWP2009.
>> Activate One Step Update
>> Receive back a OL-301-A error "Financial Institution has rejected your
>> request"(NO INDICATION that the payment was sent)
>> I go to the banks website. . .the scheduled payment is in there :)
>> Receive an error indicating that I'm trying to enter a duplicate
>> payment.
>> This happened yesterday as well, and todays one step update showed
>> yesterdays payment as a new transaction. I accepted it as a new
>> transaction (I subsequently deleted the payment what QW showed as a
>> unentered transaction, so as to avoid a duplicate.)
>>
>> Thoughts on this? This started Monday. . .
>> Rick

Quicken Bill Pay sucks. Far better and cheaper to set up automatic bill pay
directly with whatever companies that you have regular bills from and have
it debited directly from your bank account. I've done that for years and
NEVER, EVER had any problems. Before that, I used to spend too much time
with envelopes, stamps, writing checks, etc..

From: Don on

"Sharx35" <sharx35(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Biggser" <brian.m.biggs(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have a relative who is having the same problem. He sends
>> transactions, he gets an error, the transactions get to Fifth Third,
>> but continue to show up as "Send" in Quicken. Happened in Quicken
>> 2009 and now happening in 2010 as well. It seems to have started
>> happening a few weeks ago, but I don't know exactly when.
>>
>> I found this article on the Quicken web site.
>>
>> http://www.quickencommunity.com/webx/Forums/Quicken%20Personal%20Finance%20Software%20Forum%20for%20Windows/Intuit%20communications/52?13
>>
>> Looks like it's a problem that they found back in November of 2008,
>> and either fixed and it has returned, or they never fixed it. I can't
>> find any more information on it. The Quicken article and this posting
>> seems to be the only thing I have been able to find on the web. Fifth
>> Third blames Quicken, and I have not contacted Quicken yet. I plan to
>> do that this week.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>
>> On Oct 7, 9:09 am, Rick <rickyhald...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe this isn't a Quicken problem, but. . .
>>> I enter a payment to a frequently used payeee in QWP2009.
>>> Activate One Step Update
>>> Receive back a OL-301-A error "Financial Institution has rejected your
>>> request"(NO INDICATION that the payment was sent)
>>> I go to the banks website. . .the scheduled payment is in there :)
>>> Receive an error indicating that I'm trying to enter a duplicate
>>> payment.
>>> This happened yesterday as well, and todays one step update showed
>>> yesterdays payment as a new transaction. I accepted it as a new
>>> transaction (I subsequently deleted the payment what QW showed as a
>>> unentered transaction, so as to avoid a duplicate.)
>>>
>>> Thoughts on this? This started Monday. . .
>>> Rick
>>

> Quicken Bill Pay sucks. Far better and cheaper to set up automatic bill
> pay directly with whatever companies that you have regular bills from and
> have it debited directly from your bank account. I've done that for years
> and NEVER, EVER had any problems. Before that, I used to spend too much
> time with envelopes, stamps, writing checks, etc..

Also many banks these days, offer online bill pay with no monthly fees. I
have been set up that way with Suntrust for some time now, and most of my
payees they pay electronically anyway.
And I download all info into Quicken almost daily.

--
Don