From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Hello,
How can I go about restricting the number of downloads of a file on
my server?
For Eg: if I want a music track to only be able to be downloaded by
150 people and thats it.. ever,
how can I go about doing this?

Much obliged,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: Marc Guay on
> How can I go about restricting the number of downloads of a file on my
> server?

Something like this could be triggered every time and then you can do
whatever you want once it hits 150... maybe have it send you an email
notification or something...

http://www.stevedawson.com/article0007.php
From: Karl DeSaulniers on
On May 28, 2010, at 3:54 PM, Marc Guay wrote:

>> How can I go about restricting the number of downloads of a file
>> on my
>> server?
>
> Something like this could be triggered every time and then you can do
> whatever you want once it hits 150... maybe have it send you an email
> notification or something...
>
> http://www.stevedawson.com/article0007.php

Very interesting link.
Thank you for sharing.
Not sure how this could be tied into what I'm trying for.
Would I add this to the function that did the downloading of the file?

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: tedd on
At 3:39 PM -0500 5/28/10, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
>Hello,
>How can I go about restricting the number of downloads of a file on my server?
>For Eg: if I want a music track to only be able to be downloaded by
>150 people and thats it.. ever,
>how can I go about doing this?
>
>Much obliged,
>
>Karl DeSaulniers

Karl:

Just have the download pass through a script that counts, such as found here:

http://sperling.com/freeware.php

When someone click the link, it activates a script that provides the
download and saves a count. It would be trivial to stop the download
at a specific number.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Karl DeSaulniers on

On May 28, 2010, at 4:25 PM, tedd wrote:

> At 3:39 PM -0500 5/28/10, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
>> Hello,
>> How can I go about restricting the number of downloads of a file
>> on my server?
>> For Eg: if I want a music track to only be able to be downloaded
>> by 150 people and thats it.. ever,
>> how can I go about doing this?
>>
>> Much obliged,
>>
>> Karl DeSaulniers
>
> Karl:
>
> Just have the download pass through a script that counts, such as
> found here:
>
> http://sperling.com/freeware.php
>
> When someone click the link, it activates a script that provides
> the download and saves a count. It would be trivial to stop the
> download at a specific number.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com

Hey thanks Tedd.
Quick question. Were you referring me to this link to download one of
their demos or just to show that they count their downloads?
EG: Binary-Tree v1.1 Downloads: 2806

THX

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm