From: "Tanel Tammik" on
Hello,

i'm trying to break this thing down for my self. i made little application
for that. could someone please take a look and let me know if what i wrote
resembles MVC inviroment or not.

http://keevitaja.com/kool
http://keevitaja.com/kool/kool.rar

Idea is to create it from scratch for educational purpose!

Br
Tanel

From: Michiel Sikma on
On 29 May 2010 20:39, Tanel Tammik <keevitaja(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to break this thing down for my self. i made little application
> for that. could someone please take a look and let me know if what i wrote
> resembles MVC inviroment or not.

It's crucial that your application parses the location (e.g.
http://site.com/my/url-title/) and then loads a controller. As it is right
now, your index.php is hardcoded to load the "messages" controller. That
shouldn't happen.

You should refactor your application so that the index.php does nothing
except load the config, parse the request and then load the appropriate
controller. And you should move the "templates" directory to the
"application" directory (and maybe call it views for clarity). Everything
that the user writes should be in one directory so that he can update the
underlying system without deleting or overwriting files that he made.

Regards,
Michiel

Pages: 1
Prev: File Downloads