From: Dadep on
Hello,
I've been using free FileHamster version to manage different versions of my
documents.
Now they put that annoying pop-up remind to buy the full version. But above
all plug-ins that were free (especially for zip files), now are no longer.

I could not find an alternative to this program.

Do you know someone good?

Thank you
Davide

From: Johnw on
Dadep submitted this idea :
> Hello,
> I've been using free FileHamster version to manage different versions of my
> documents.
> Now they put that annoying pop-up remind to buy the full version. But above
> all plug-ins that were free (especially for zip files), now are no longer.
>
> I could not find an alternative to this program.
>
> Do you know someone good?
>
> Thank you
> Davide

2 pages
http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=revision&p_page=1&license_filter=1&lastupd_filter=0&sort_field=0&results_per_page=10&pick_only=0
3 pages
http://primewares.com/links.php?page=1&la=en&search=revision
SVN Time-Lapse View
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/SVN-Time-Lapse-View.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/SVN-Time-Lapse-View-Screenshot-95052.html
http://code.google.com/p/svn-time-lapse-view/

From: Susan Bugher on
Dadep wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been using free FileHamster version to manage different versions of my
> documents.
> Now they put that annoying pop-up remind to buy the full version. But above
> all plug-ins that were free (especially for zip files), now are no longer.
>
> I could not find an alternative to this program.

Dunno what version control features are important to you so I'll just
throw out a few possibilities. . .

Program: KnowledgeTree
Author: Daniel Chalef
Windows NT; 2000; XP
Ware: (Freeware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kt-dms/

Program: Paper Harbour
Company: Supporting Technologies Nordic
Author: Stephen Dougall
Ware: (Liteware) (free) (open source: GNU LGPL)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paperharbour/
http://www.supportingtechnologies.com/

Program: DocShield
Company: PanIO Systems
Ware: (Freeware) (free for personal use)
http://www.docshield.com/

Program: Perforce
Company: Perforce Software
Ware: (Liteware) (free)
http://www.perforce.com/

Program: TortoiseCVS
Author: - project team
Ware: (Freeware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

Program: TortoiseSVN
Author: Tim Kemp and Stefan Kueng
Windows 98; NT4; ME; 2000; XP
Ware: (Donationware) (free) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Program: VersionBackup
Company: Schr�der-Bergen Anwendungen (Sb-aw)
Ware: was (Liteware) (free for personal use) LFW (v 4.1.7.0)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/VersionBackup_d4531.html

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware