From: Nick Friend on
A very strange effect...

GetDefault() refers to a UNC path on the network (eg \\server_name
\cio )

I try to open a DBServer on a file on the server, but get back an
error for a missing file

C:\server_name\cio\filename

I checked, and the FileSpec:FullPath is somehow returning the UNC path
\\server_name as C:\server_name.

I'm tracking into the SDK to try and see what's going on, but has
anyone seen anything like this or got any idea what on earth is going
on... ??

TIA

Nick
From: dlzc on
Dear Nick Friend:

On May 6, 11:59 am, Nick Friend <nicktek...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> A very strange effect...
>
> GetDefault() refers to a UNC path on the network
> (eg \\server_name\cio )
>
> I try to open a DBServer on a file on the server,
> but get back an error for a missing file
>
> C:\server_name\cio\filename
>
> I checked, and the FileSpec:FullPath is somehow
> returning the UNC path
> \\server_name as C:\server_name.
>
> I'm tracking into the SDK to try and see what's
> going on, but has anyone seen anything like
> this or got any idea what on earth is going
> on... ??

Is this a new problem? Have any of the machines involved been
upgraded to a new OS? Did this happen with a M$ update?

David A. Smith
From: Stephen Quinn on
Nick

AFAIK that problems been in there for years (UNC paths have no drive letter,
FSpec{} inserts the current one if none provided - use the source<g>).

You really need to point everything to a local drive (shared) for things to
work.
Eg
Map \\server_name\cio to X:\ as part of your setup/installation
cPath := GetDefault() // X:\

CYA
Steve

From: Geoff Schaller on
Like Steve said... been an issue for a long time.

Been reported for a long time too <g>.

From: Nick Friend on
Ok, thanks.... glad to know I'm not going crazy!

Nick

On 6 May, 23:22, "Stephen Quinn" <stevej...(a)bigpondSPAM.net.au> wrote:
> Nick
>
> AFAIK that problems been in there for years (UNC paths have no drive letter,
> FSpec{} inserts the current one if none provided - use the source<g>).
>
> You really need to point everything to a local drive (shared) for things to
> work.
> Eg
>     Map \\server_name\cio to X:\ as part of your setup/installation
>     cPath := GetDefault()     // X:\
>
> CYA
> Steve

 |  Next  |  Last