From: CqlBoy on
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log
backups to to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on
TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on
TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution
sequence uses the last full, last diff', and tlog from TestDB1 but this
doesn't work? Why? Is there a way to do this in SQL 2K8? Thx. -CqlBoy

Message applying full backup:
>Processed 16 pages for database 'FGTestRestore', file 'FGTest_fg2' on file 1.
>RESTORE DATABASE ... FILE=<name> successfully processed 16 pages in 0.026 >seconds (4.807 MB/sec).

Message applying diff' backup:
>Processed 16 pages for database 'FGTestRestore', file 'FGTest_fg2' on file 1.
>RESTORE DATABASE ... FILE=<name> successfully processed 16 pages in 0.020 >seconds (6.250 MB/sec).

Message applying diff' log backup: