From: email4mel on
Hello,

I am having a hard time pinning this down. I have excel files that will
only open 'Read-only' from Sharepoint. When I make a change and save,
it tries to save locally. I have Windows XP Pro and Office 2003

This is what I have done so far:
1. I AM using the 'Edit file in Microsoft Excel' option after I have
checked out the file
2. I have reinstalled Sharepoint Support from the office setup - did
not work
3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely - this did
not work
4. I have found the fix to unregisterr/reregister the OWSSUPP.DLL and I
cannot get this to work. I tried:
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\OWSSUPP.DLL"
I get returned the error DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\OWSSUPP.DLL failed. Return code was: 0x80070005

5. The read only issue is happening to only a few people. I am one of
them and I am the administrator of the site. The file has no special
permissions. I used to be able to check out and edit files so I am not
sure what has changed.

If you have any suggestions at all, please let me know.

The only thing I can semi-peg this down to, is I recently cleaned up my
system uninstalling several unused apps, i am not sure if a shared dll
was removed that could have caused this.

From: Engelbert on
Also posted as Sender "Melissa" to .sharepoint.general.

Check there if it's been already answered before spending time writing an
answer here

Engelbert

From: Rumbly on
There is no reply there.
Thanks for your help.

From: Engelbert on
The message was for potential answerers ....

Engelbert

From: Rumbly on
I am still having this issue, any suggestions?
Does anyone know what dll's are required for this to work?
email4mel(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a hard time pinning this down. I have excel files that will
> only open 'Read-only' from Sharepoint. When I make a change and save,
> it tries to save locally. I have Windows XP Pro and Office 2003
>
> This is what I have done so far:
> 1. I AM using the 'Edit file in Microsoft Excel' option after I have
> checked out the file
> 2. I have reinstalled Sharepoint Support from the office setup - did
> not work
> 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely - this did
> not work
> 4. I have found the fix to unregisterr/reregister the OWSSUPP.DLL and I
> cannot get this to work. I tried:
> regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\OWSSUPP.DLL"
> I get returned the error DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft
> Office\Office11\OWSSUPP.DLL failed. Return code was: 0x80070005
>
> 5. The read only issue is happening to only a few people. I am one of
> them and I am the administrator of the site. The file has no special
> permissions. I used to be able to check out and edit files so I am not
> sure what has changed.
>
> If you have any suggestions at all, please let me know.
>
> The only thing I can semi-peg this down to, is I recently cleaned up my
> system uninstalling several unused apps, i am not sure if a shared dll
> was removed that could have caused this.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Site Collection Owner
Next: Search Problems