From: aztony on
SP3
McAfee Security Suite, Yes it is current
SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware, Spybot - SAS is the only one that runs on
startup. The others are done manually.
No 3rd party firewall.
I did have ZA Security Suite a couple of months back but had a problem with
it when they issued an upgrade. I ended up uninstalling it and going to
McAfee. It was not a trial version.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> McAfee Security Suite

Pick one: McAfee Internet Security; McAfee Total Protection; McAfee Security
Center.

Had your ZA subscription already expired by the time you installed this
McAfee application?

Did a Norton or McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it?

Is Spybot Resident Tea Timer enabled?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Access KB971058 via Internet Explorer (32-bit) only; Run the Fix It in
DEFAULT and AGGRESSIVE modes]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
--
~PA Bear

From: aztony on
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I never received a notice that my
message was replied too and I haven't been on my desktop.

McAfee Security Center is the program I have.
No, ZA wasn't expired at the time of installation. I used ZA's uninstall
program to make sure everything was deleted.
No, Tea Timer is off.

Just for reference. Update was and had been working up and until I didn't
use the pc for 3 weeks. When I went to turn it on and run windows update is
when this issue started. What happened from the time I turned it off until
then I have no idea. Is there a way to maybe repair Windows with the CD?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You missed one...

> Did a Norton or McAfee free trial come preinstalled on the computer when
> you bought it?

Is McAfee Security Center a freebie from your ISP?

Did you try doing a Reset yet?

Pages: 1
Prev: Fixes fail, will not install
Next: FIXED!