From: Phoebegee on
Hi Guys,

I have recently been asked to develop a filing system for my company (it is
relatively small, old and terminally afraid on none-paper documents). I have
had no problems setting up a centralized filing system for electronic
documents, but am completely stumped at setting up a centralised filing
system for email. As things currently stand 5 people will be working on a
project with their own email stored in their own archieve; inaccessible to
anyone else. This leads to replicated work, storage and confusion!

I have found some plug-ins which enable emails to be managed and shared
(i.e. public sharefolder/oasys mail manager) but I wondered if I was missing
a trick within the functions of Outlook itself. We have Outlook 2003
installed on Windows XP.

Any help will be gratefully recieved!

Phoebegee
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Phoebegee" <Phoebegee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have found some plug-ins which enable emails to be managed and shared
> (i.e. public sharefolder/oasys mail manager) but I wondered if I was missing
> a trick within the functions of Outlook itself. We have Outlook 2003
> installed on Windows XP.

Nothing built into Outlook allows sharing without a back end. Microsoft's
offering for back ends are Sharepoint and Exchange. The Small Business System
product includes Exchange and is tailored to smaller companies. There are
other sharing products as well. See this:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp . I wouldn't consider using
Outlook as a general purpose file sharing platform, however. WIndows Server
is a better platform for that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]