From: msnyc07 on
A few months ago someone posted a great solution for the following problem
which doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden;

I have a column with values which has blank rows between values (anywhere
from 1 to 10 blank rows) and I need to fill those with the values of the last
cell with a value i.e. from

AAA

BBB

CCC

DDDD

A few months ago someone posted a great solution for the following problem
which doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden;

I have a column with values which has blank rows between values (anywhere
from 1 to 10 blank rows) and I need to fill those with the values of the last
cell with a value i.e. from

AAA
AAA
BBB
BBB
BBB
CCC
CCC
CCC
CCC
DDDD

I thought the process had been:

Select Column down to last value
Ctrl-G
Special
Blanks
Shift-Ctrl Up
Fill Down

But that only fills all the blanks with the first value encountered. I know
I am missing on obvious step here but I cannot recall, any insight
appreciated.
From: Steve Dunn on
Select Column down to last value
Ctrl-G